1950s Double Deck Vintage Bus
Open Rear Platform
Traditional Brighton livery
Uniformed conductor provided
Additional information about the Brighton K type.
This bus was new to Brighton & Hove in 1953, after which it was bought by an independant Welsh company at Pembroke Dock. Following its withdrawal from service in Wales, this bus was acquired by a preservationist in Brighton, and spent a few lonely years gathering dust & rust in a yard adjacent to the A25. Brighton & Hove bus company took on the bus in 1986, and fully restored to its former glory.
In 2014, the K-Type was auctioned off in aid of charity, and Seaford & District placed the winning bid! She is now fully operational, a part of our Heritage fleet, and available for hire.